National Consultant on Media and Communication/ Местный Консультант в сфере СМИ и коммуникаций
Vacancy Number: Pr15/00976
23 Jun 2015, 23:59 (GMT+2:00)
Application Extended deadline:
30 Jun 2015, 16:30 (GMT+2:00)
|Type of Contract:||Individual Contract
|Starting date: ||15 Jul 2015
|Reference to the project:||
Support to Confidence Building Measures IV
|Expected Duration of Assignment:||12 months with a possibility of extension (up to 10 working days/month)
Proposals should be submitted online by pressing the "Apply Now" button no later than 23 June 2015.
Requests for clarification only must be sent by standard electronic communication to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. UNDP will respond by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all applicants.
Заявки присылать онлайн, для этого нужно нажать кнопку "Apply Now" («подать заявку сейчас») не позднее 23 июня 2015.
Просьбы о предоставлении разъяснений должны направляться только посредством стандартной электронной связи на следующий адрес: email@example.com. ПРООН ответит по стандартной электронной почте и отправит всем заявителям копии ответа в письменной форме, в том числе необходимые разъяснения, не уточняя источник вопроса.
Больше информации предоставлено в ниже-прикреплённых файлах Техническое задание и Объявление о наборе Индивидуального Консультанта.
The applicant who has the statute of Government Official / Public Servant, prior to appointment will be asked to submit the following documentation:
- a no-objection letter in respect of the applicant received from the government, and;
- the applicant is certified in writing by the government to be on official leave without pay for the duration of the Individual Contract.
A retired government official is not considered in this case a government official, and as such, may be contracted.
Terms of Reference
Individual Consultant Procurement Notice
Объявление о наборе Индивидуального Консультанта
Personal History Form (P11)
UNDP General Conditions of Individual Contract
“Support to Confidence Building Measures” (SCBM) is a three-year Programme funded by the European Union and implemented by the UNDP. Its main objective is to increase confidence between the people on both banks of the Nistru River by involving local public authorities, civil society members, entrepreneurs, and other stakeholders in joint activities in two key areas: business development and support to rehabilitation of social infrastructure.
To prepare and oversee the implementation of a communication and visibility campaign/activities in the Transnitrian region in line with EU/UNDP visibility guidelines throughout the duration of the Programme (2015 – 2018). Provide proactive support to the Programme team and its beneficiaries in order to publicize as much as possible the activities of the Programme in the region in close coordination with SCBM Communications Officer.
Scope of work
Under overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator and in close coordination with the Programme Communications and Media Officer, the Media and Communication Consultant will be responsible mainly for the communication and visibility of the SCBM activities in the Transnistrian region and shall:
- Identify confidence building measures communication and awareness needs to ensure visibility for the SCBM Programme;
- Provide inputs into the further development of an overall Media and Communication Strategy for the region. The Strategy should include an overview of the main communication goals, impact objective(s), target audience, communication components to be addressed, monitoring and evaluation indicators, risks, recommendations and budget;
- Develop and provide inputs to the Communication Action Plan for the target region for short, medium and long term. The Action Plan should propose concrete activities and information, their timeframe, awareness raising, (including TV spots, TV/radio shows, printing of brochures, promotional materials, etc.) for reaching out to relevant target groups;
- Coordinate and provide support in the implementation of the Communication Action Plan, which will include proposals for awareness raising campaigns and events on confidence building measures on both sides of the Nistru River;
- In coordination with the Programme team ensure continuous access to the information related to the activities of SCBM;
- In coordination with the Programme team write stories, press releases and news about the projects’ most important achievements to be placed in local and regional media outlets;
- Promote the SCBM achievements in the Transnistrian region’s media outlets by organizing and facilitating interviews with experts, consultants, etc. ;
- Ensure and maintain the cooperation and communication with the region’s mass-media and other organizations;
- Collect factual information and prepare photographic materials from field visits in order to draw up additional informative materials on the implementation of SCBM activities in coordination with the Programme team;
- Ensure media monitoring of all public media content in relation to SCBM activities in the Transnistrian region on a regular basis, or upon request;
- Organize press-trips for media representatives from the target region in order to ensure high visibility and coverage of SCBM events/activities in coordination with the Programme team;
- Provide support in preparing analytical briefs, talking points and public appearances of UNDP/EU representatives to ensure improved and better targeted formulation of messages with regard to confidence building activities and visibility of the SCBM Programme;
- Participate in communication meetings related to the activities;
- Elaborate and submit regular reports at agreed periodicity and reporting format.
For detailed information, please refer to Annex 1 – Terms of Reference.
Requirements for experience
I. Academic Qualifications:
- University degree in public relations, communication, journalism, political science or any relevant field;
II. Years of experience:
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in working with mass media or as a communication consultant;
- Good understanding of the specificity in working with in the Transnistrian region;
- Effective communication skills with different categories of people, including public officials, mass media and NGO representatives;
- Excellent self-organization abilities;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Fluency in Russian language including excellent writing skills. Knowledge of English will constitute an advantage;
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use office technology equipment, IT tools.
Documents to be included
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information in English to demonstrate their qualifications:
(i) Letter of Interest explaining why he/she is the most suitable for the work
(ii) Provide a brief methodology on how he/she will approach and conduct the work
2. Financial proposal in USD;
3. P11 or Personal CV including past experience in similar projects and the contact details of at least 3 reference persons.
The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount, and payment terms around specific and measurable (qualitative and quantitative) deliverables (i.e. whether payments fall in instalments or upon completion of the entire contract). Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the TOR. In order to assist the requesting unit in the comparison of financial proposals, the financial proposal will include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (including travel, per diems, and number of anticipated working days).
Travel to Chisinau, other administrative costs, and logistical aspects should be arranged by the Consultant and budgeted correspondingly in the financial offer.
All envisaged travel costs must be included in the financial proposal. This includes all travel to join duty station/repatriation travel. In general, UNDP should not accept travel costs exceeding those of an economy class ticket. Should the IC wish to travel on a higher class he/she should do so using their own resources.
In the case of unforeseeable travel, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed.
In case of discrepancies between the text published on the website and the contents of the supporting documents, the provisions, instructions and conditions included in the supporting documents (published as Adobe Portable Document Format files) shall prevail. In case of discrepancies between the English version and the Romanian and/or Russian versions of text, documents or other content published on this webpage, the English version shall prevail.
UNDP, as a matter of practice, does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions as to vacancy announcements you may have received, please refer to this website.
UNDP is currently aware of fictitious vacancy announcements that are being circulated through the internet, the purpose of which is to get people to register for a training and send in a fee. If you believe that you have received such a notice, please forward it, and any other related information you have received, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Since logos, emblems, names and addresses can be easily copied or reproduced, you are advised to take particular care in applying for vacancies, including undertaking all appropriate measures to protect against the unauthorised use of any personal information you may have provided as a result of the scam.